Finally! May apologies friends for the delay in getting this list out to you. I have had many requests for what books I recommend so here it is. Certainly I will forget some, but here are some great books to have in your home to encourage you and your family. This list is obviously in addition to the Book of Books, the Word of God!
1. Websters 1828-A must for definitions. In my opinion, all other dictionaries combined do not match this one! Available in CD format, I recommend the Hardcopy, available for about $60.
2. Strongs Concordance-I do not utilize the definitions but use this for finding specific scriptures.
3. Commentaries-I am not a fan of any modern commentaries, and even older ones from good men need to be viewed as commentaries only, NOT scripture! saying that any commentaries by Spurgeon, Wesley, Luther, Matthew Henry etc. can be helpful.
4. Kingdom of the Cults by Walter Martin
5. Kingdom of the Occult by Walter Martin
6. Naves Topical Concordance-Though I do not agree with every reference under some topics this is a helpful book.
7. AIG (Answers in Genesis)-Though these materials are not King James, AIG puts out some great materials(books, audio, DVD's etc) that are excellent regarding the creation/evolution debate.
8. Kent Hovind-Brother Kents materials are King James, and again are excellent resources.
General Non-Fiction Books
1. Memoirs of Charles Finney 1989 edition.
2. Revival Lectures by Finney
3. Crystal Christianity by Finney
4. Gipsy Smith, His Life and Work by himself
5. Backwoods Preacher by Peter Cartwright
6. Sam Jones Biography by his wife (1909 I believe)
7. Sam jones Anectodes
8. Quit Your Meanness by Sam Jones
9. Sam Jones by Walt Holcomb
10.History of the Reformation by D'abaugne
11. Life Story of William Carey by Ellis
12. Man of Devotion-Life of Francis Asbury by J. Smiley
13. Story of John Wesley By Kirlew
14. 30 Years in Hell by Bernard Fresenberg 1904
15. Young man in a Hurry- Life of William Carey
16. Christian Literature Crusade (Any biographies by this company are recommended including Horseman of the King, Biography of Wesley, etc.)
17. To Be a Pilgrim-Biography of John Bunyan
18. Robert Moffat by Deane
19. Luther by Deane
20. Wyclifee by Deane
21. Call to the Unconverted by Richard Baxter
22. Saints Everlasting Rest by Richard Baxter
23. Communicants Companaion to the Lord's Supper by Matthew Henry
24. Life and Works of William Tyndale by Cooper
25. Holy Fire For Unholy Days by Arthur Fox
26. Seven Years a Streetpreacher in San Fransisco by William Taylor
27. Here I Stand, Biography of Martin Luther
28. Valiant Pilgrim, Story of John Bunyan
29. Martyr's Mirror
30. Foxes Book of Martyrs
31. Sermons of Jeremy Taylor
32. TheDevil of Today by Chambers 1903
33. Young Christian by Jacob Abbot
34. Lectures in Revival, Ministers of Scotland 1840, reprinted by Roberts 1980
35. Man and His Message, Story of Billy Sunday by Ellis
36. The Billy Sunday Story by Thomas
37. Billy Sunday, His Tabernacles and Sawdust Trails by Thomas
38. Letters From Hell 1885
39. Repentance Explained and Enforced by J. Thornton 1823
40. Satan or Christ by Chambers 1877
41. Sermons by the Devil by Harris 1904
42. World's Greatest Preachers by Comfort
43. Spurgeon Gold by Comfort
44. Luther Gold by Comfort
45. Wesley Gold by Comfort
46. Hell's Best Kept Secret by Comfort
47. Why a Preacher and Not a Priest
48. D. L. Moody by his son
49. Sermons and Prayers by D.L. Moody
50. Mordecai Ham by E. Ham
51. Life and Story of the Hymns by Sankey
52. Christmas Evans
53. Black Belt Patriotism by Chuck Norrisorseback
54. Works of Jonathan Edwards
55. Flagellant on Horseback-Life of Brainerd
56. Life of David Brainerd by Edwards
57. Life of Adoniram Judson by his son
Also any books by the American Tract Society and the Tract society pre-1920.
My next post will be good Christian Fiction and childrens books. I hope this list helps!